Per-App VPN dosen't start when a new version installed

Hi,

I have the following problem:

I developed an app for iPad and use standard network API (URLSession, URLRequest, ...). When a new version of the app is installed on the iPad (via MDM) the per-app VPN (profile is also set via MDM) does not start.

There are other apps (with the same profile) on the iPad which dosen't have this problem.

When the VPN (Blackberry) was started (with one of the other apps) my app also get the vpn connection.

Is there any code I have to implement to start the VPN? Or why does the VPN not start?

I understand per-app VPN that you only have to set the profile (via MDM) and then all networking will go over the vpn. Am I wrong?

Replies

Yes, you will need to link your app that is managed by the MDM system with a VPN configuration created from the com.apple.vpn.managed.applayer configuration payload. The key that links the app to your per-app VPN is the bundle identifier to your application. So if you bundle identifier has changed and not updated in the MDM payload, this would could this behavior.

| I understand per-app VPN that you only have to set the profile (via MDM) and then all

| networking will go over the vpn. Am I wrong?

Does VPN that you experiencing issues with has a localhost address set as the remoteAddress in the configuration?

Matt Eaton

DTS Engineering, CoreOS

meaton3 at apple.com

Hi Matt,

thanks for your answer. I will check this and we test it with our next version.

Greetings, Antonio