How could I provide documentary evidence (rejected by rule rule 5.2.1) to Apple

My app's new version update get rejected for apple rule 5.2.1, here is message apple sent to me:

" Hello,

Thank you for your message.

To resolve the 5.2.1 issue, you may want to either:

• attach documentary evidence in the App Review Information section in App Store Connect
  • or remove all protected album cover artworks in app icons, screenshots or previews without the necessary authorization.

We look forward to continuing with the review of your app. "

I was shocked that in the 1st and 2nd release I got passed. But they reject it suddenly in the 3rd release, does apple change its policy recently?

Well, my app is a music player, for screenshots(5.5 inch, 6.5 inch) in the previews I used some album artwork covers and apple think I need the permission to provide.

It is cleared, then I changed those screenshots with non-copyrights epic mp3 from "https://freepd.com/" which is declared as "available for commercial and non-commercial purposes" by their artist. But after my reply to apple saying about the changes and indicating the referenced website I used all those non-copyrights content, apple still send me the same email as above showed.

So I get confused, I know removing those screenshots may fix the issue as apple mentioned, but maybe someday I will need to use some of 3rd party things, thus I want to figure out further that could I use those non-copyrights music album artwork in my app? Or how could I provide documentary evidence? Where could find it?

Replies

I looked at that website. Two comments:

1) The music is still copyrighted. Your statement to Apple that you are using non-copyright content is incorrect. You are using copyrighted content that is available for your use under the terms of their license agreement - i.e. for free.

2) Are we talking about the music or the album covers? I did not see any album covers on the website.