EKReminder URL property is nil

Quick question... how do I set the URL of a reminder?

In the Reminders app, user can add a URL when they create a reminder.

There's also a "url" property in EKCalendarItem (parent class of EKReminder).

However, "url" is always nil both when I set it or when I read it from an existing reminder which contains a URL.

Is this a bug?

Thanks

Bill

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of billibala Down vote post of billibala
1.5k views

Replies

Did you figure this one out? I've just been trying to set the URL programatically but without success.
Here is what I've found out. You can set the url and it is remembered - i.e. you can extract the correct url sometime later. However it is not the url the Reminders app lets you configure. Also if you set a url in the Reminders app it does not get set into the EKReminder.url. I can only conclude that EKReminder has some unpublished url property which is unconnected to the base class url. You could 'go fishing' for this unpublished interface there is little point as it would be not allowed by the App Store review process.

+1 – looking how to get EKReminder URL in 2022

• I can set and access the URL property of an EKReminder in iOS 16.1 and when building with Xcode 14.1. On what version of iOS and Xcode does your issue happen?

Add a Comment

If I set up a URL for a reminder in Apple Reminders, when I access this EKReminder in my code I see the url property as nil in the code. Setting the url property by code doesn't make it appear in Apple Reminders either. Xcode 14.2, developing for macOS.