there are some type properties in animation structure. Does anybody know how they effect the animation?

while i'm going through the apple swiftui tutorials it came to the point of playinfg around whith the properties of the animation structure

I used the help function to look for the properties.

you only get the

Declaration

static var easeIn: Animation { get }

Does anybody know how this effect animation?

Accepted Reply

Thanks for the answer.

"Seems the docs of SwiftUI are far from complete and you may need to know many parts of UIKit features."

That was my impression too. Apple had become sloppy :-(

Your link helped!

Replies

That will make animation start slow and get faster.

Get some detail here:

h ttps://www.hackingwithswift.com/quick-start/swiftui/how-to-create-basic-animations

This is a static property, which means it's effectively a handy way to get a predefined animation. You'd use `Animation.easeIn` to get an animation which, as Claude points out, will start slowly and increase in speed.

It sounds like you're under the impression that these are properties of an Animation instance though. If that's the case, I'm afraid that's not what they are. They're effectively factory methods (if you're familiar with that term) returning a new Animation instance that's configured in a certain way. We don't actually have access to any of the real properties of the Animation type. If you are interested in how to define your own animations, however, you can look at WWDC19 session 237 which discusses animations and transitions at around the 34 minute mark.

Seems the docs of SwiftUI are far from complete and you may need to know many parts of UIKit features.

In the doc of UIView.AnimationCurve , you can find some short descriptions on easeIn, easeOut, easeInOut and linear.

If you need more comprehensive description, better visit other tutorial sites than Apple's.

Thanks for the answer.

"Seems the docs of SwiftUI are far from complete and you may need to know many parts of UIKit features."

That was my impression too. Apple had become sloppy :-(

Your link helped!

Moin Jim,

thanks for answer!

I really only wanted a description whatg you gave in the first paragraph.

The very problem is:

Moin Claude31,

thanks for the answer !

Is your answer really the correct answer ? I do not see what the answer is. 😉

Moin Claude31,

your answer was correct.

but:

I am an old man. So my time is some sort of precious...........

I am tired of searching for information which should be in place!

And not elsewhere in the WWW.

so................

If Apple would do its job properly I could spend more time writing my code. :-)

OK, feel good.