A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found

I am currently using the free developer account to sign that apps that I am currently developing. My attempts to download my watchkit app to my physical watch are constantly unsuccessful due to the error that states that I have no valid provisioning profile. I have tried a multitude of 'solutions' to no avail. I have also attempted to install the phone app to my iphone before downloading it in the watch app on iphone, that didn't work either.

Everything runs smoothly on the simulator and no errors are showing, the console does not log anything and I am simply told that there is an issue with the provisioning profile. The error log follows as such,

Unable to install "App Name"

Domain: com.apple.dtdevicekit

Code: -402620395

--

App installation failed

Domain: com.apple.dtdevicekit

Code: -402620395

Failure Reason: A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.

User Info: {

DVTRadarComponentKey = 487927;

"com.apple.dtdevicekit.stacktrace" = (

0 DTDeviceKitBase 0x00000001212ef6e7 DTDKCreateNSError + 109

1 DTDeviceKitBase 0x00000001212efde9 DTDK_AMDErrorToNSError + 792

2 DTDeviceKitBase 0x000000012132f56a __90-[DTDKMobileDeviceToken installApplicationBundleAtPath:withOptions:andError:withCallback:]_block_invoke + 164

3 DVTFoundation 0x0000000108bd2c22 DVTInvokeWithStrongOwnership + 73

4 DTDeviceKitBase 0x000000012132f301 -[DTDKMobileDeviceToken installApplicationBundleAtPath:withOptions:andError:withCallback:] + 1589

5 IDEiOSSupportCore 0x00000001211b7a25 __118-[DVTiOSDevice(DVTiPhoneApplicationInstallation) processAppInstallSet:appUninstallSet:installOptions:completionBlock:]_block_invoke.352 + 4523

6 DVTFoundation 0x0000000108d03e8a __DVT_CALLING_CLIENT_BLOCK__ + 7

7 DVTFoundation 0x0000000108d05562 __DVTDispatchAsync_block_invoke + 809

8 libdispatch.dylib 0x00007fff6527b583 _dispatch_call_block_and_release + 12

9 libdispatch.dylib 0x00007fff6527c50e _dispatch_client_callout + 8

10 libdispatch.dylib 0x00007fff65281ace _dispatch_lane_serial_drain + 597

11 libdispatch.dylib 0x00007fff65282452 _dispatch_lane_invoke + 363

12 libdispatch.dylib 0x00007fff6528ba9e _dispatch_workloop_worker_thread + 598

13 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff654d66fc _pthread_wqthread + 290

14 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff654d5827 start_wqthread + 15

);

}

--

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of lizardon Down vote post of lizardon
58k views
  • Thank you very much. This work for me.

Add a Comment

Replies

Is the provisioning profile installed on your device? There may be an issue where XCode is not embedding your provisioning profile properly in your build output so that your device is able to install it automatically.

You can check if the provisioning profile is installed by connecting the device to your Mac:

1. Open the Devices and Simulators window from XCode.

2. Highlight your device and do a control + click, then go to Show Provisioning Profiles...

3. If your provisioning profile is not there you can manually add it by clicking on the +

4. Navigate to the provisioning profile and add it

5. Build your application again and it should install

• While trying to add previously manually downloaded provisioning profile from Xcode I get an error:

Failed to install one or more provisioning profiles on the device. Please ensure the provisioning profile is configured for this device. If not, please try to generate a new profile.

Device is unlocked.

What does it mean?

• Thanks so much for sharing the solution. Without this, I couldn't get through the error!

• I got the same error as @covidssurviver , is there's a solution for that?

I'm experienceing the same issue ever since installing Xcode 11.3.1

Tried all the "workarounds" yet nothing seems to work.

Hi guys! Has anyone solved the problem?

• I had this problem (but with a proper developer account etc trying to test run my app on my iphone). and the simple gotcha that might also apply to anyone else here, was the setting in the entitlements.plist file: you need it to say 'development' not 'production'. When I made that simple change everything was fine ( and I felt a bit silly!).

Hope this helps somebody else out there. Just remember to reset it to 'production' when you are setting up a store release.

• Thanks sir!! i spent hours messing around with profiles etc and couldn't figure out the issue! It was my APS environment key in my entitlements.plist file and it was set to production and not development. Changed it to development and i was immediately able to run my Xamarin app in debug mode on my physical device.. ! Didn't think to check that!

Add a Comment

This is ridiculous, i lost one complete day because of this error. I am on Xcode 11.5

In Step 2, I don't see an option for Provisioing Profiles. I see a msg "Device setup was successfull"

• right click on your mouse will show you the provision profile option

Add a Comment
I got this error when installing the debug build on my physical device.
I thought it was because of updating XCode from 11.4 to 11.5, but that was NOT the reason.

In my schema definition it was set to "Release".
Goto Products > Schema > Edit Schema > Change to "Debug"

That resolved the issue. Hope this helps others who run into the issue.
  • This worked for me, but I am not sure if this is correct at all... as application should be run in Release mode for using instruments effectively

Add a Comment
Hi  @zerovoid ,

Thank you, you saved my day.

I was getting below error
Unable to install "..." Domain: com.apple.dt.MobileDeviceErrorDomain A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.

Now issue resolved.
Having the same issue right now, I am connecting an iPad to the new Macbook M1 but with an adapter from UBS to USB-C, how to solve it?

@manel00, Have you found a fix to this issue?

1. Navigate to the provisioning profile and add it

Where do I have to navigate to ? Where is this profile stored ? I have no idea.

• You can download yours on the Apple Portal -> Under Provisioning Profile.

Also, make sure that you must add the UDID of the apple device that you are running the build on.

Add a Comment

Changing this parameter to "No" solved the issue for me

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of Wiza Down vote reply of Wiza
  • This works for me! Big thanks

• This worked for me when I started to support Mac (Designed for iPad).

Add a Comment

just only clean build forder andr clear all issues

• Thanks this solved my problem

• ChineseHansomeMan you deserve a medal! I've everything possible, but this solved the issue at the end :D

• Thanks

Add a Comment