Xcode 11.3.1 update isn't downloading

The App Store app is showing an update for Xcode 11.3.1, but clicking "Update" or "Update All" just causes the update icon to spin but nothing is ever downloaded.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a work around?

Thanks.

Accepted Reply

Interesting on accepting the new terms and conditions. I have checked & accepted that (sometime in the last week or so).

I had disabled System Integrity Protection (SIP) to develop and test my own endpoint daemons. Today I re-enabled SIP and removed my daemons, the software update proceeded.

So... I don't know if it was a SIP issue or a Terms & Conditions issue, but it is working for me now.

Replies

I just let it run - took overnite+, but it finally finished. Lots of devs doing the same thing right now, so...

I tried rebooting and the problem persisted. Then, I logged into my apple developer account via the web and notcied there was a banner saying 'Our terms have changed ... yada yada ... you must accept them'.

Then I returned to the laptop, rebooted again, and the circle with no progress with the square in the middle was gone and Xcode was fully updated - the problem seems to have been with the download progress indicator not reflecting reality - because there is no way it downloaded the 7.8GB that fast.

This has been happening for years with big apps (FCP, Logic, etc), sometimes I see similar behavior in the podcast app on iOS too. Doesn't seem to be a priority for them to fix it.

Interesting on accepting the new terms and conditions. I have checked & accepted that (sometime in the last week or so).

I had disabled System Integrity Protection (SIP) to develop and test my own endpoint daemons. Today I re-enabled SIP and removed my daemons, the software update proceeded.

So... I don't know if it was a SIP issue or a Terms & Conditions issue, but it is working for me now.