SwiftUI preview canvas compile error: Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64

I have a project where I am using Firebase's Firestore and Auth. When I create a SwiftUI view, the preview canvas doesn't work. I get the following error.

Compiling failed: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
failedToBuildDylib: ld: warning: directory not found for option '-F/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/SharedFrameworks-iphonesimulator'
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
"___asan_alloca_poison", referenced from:
+[GDTFLLUploader gzippedData:] in GoogleDataTransportCCTSupport(GDTFLLUploader.o)
"___asan_allocas_unpoison", referenced from:
+[GDTFLLUploader gzippedData:] in GoogleDataTransportCCTSupport(GDTFLLUploader.o)
"___asan_handle_no_return", referenced from:
-[FIRAuthCredential init] in FirebaseAuth(FIRAuthCredential.o)
-[FIRAuthCredential prepareVerifyAssertionRequest:] in FirebaseAuth(FIRAuthCredential.o)
-[FIREmailAuthProvider init] in FirebaseAuth(FIREmailAuthProvider.o)
-[FIRCollectionReference initWithQuery:] in FirebaseFirestore(FIRCollectionReference.o)

This happens even with the most basic "Hello World" View, where I don't import anything related to Firebase.

Is there anything I can do about this, or can I simply not use the preview canvas in this entire project?

Accepted Reply

I managed to fix it by unchecking the "Address sanitizer" option from the scheme's diagnostics options.

Replies

I managed to fix it by unchecking the "Address sanitizer" option from the scheme's diagnostics options.