Apple Business Manager/Redemption Codes

I have developed a custom iPad app for a client that will be distributed to a very small number of user devices. We will be distributing the app via Apple Business Manager with redemption codes.

From what I have read, when selecting redemption codes, a link and a redemption code are provided. The user can initially download the app using either option (open the link or redeem the code on the App Store). In our case, the users will decide when to take updates to the app, therefore, we will be turning off automatic updates for apps in settings.

My question is, when the user wants to download the updated app, can they use the same link that was provided with the redemption code, or does this have to be handled some other way?

Thanks!

Replies

I got my answer. The updated custom app can be downloaded manually just like any other app. The user goes to the App Store, selects Updates and the updated custom app will be available there to download.

Hi @willmerrill,

How do distribute your custom iPad app to your users using redemption code? Do users need to part of managed device in order for them to download the app? or any users can download the app as long as they have the redemption code?

Thank you