Xcode iOS Simulator Open's but does not Display Test

macOS Version 10.15.3 Beta (19D49f)

Xcode Version 11.3

When the iOS simulator is activated all that appears is a blank screen with "Hello, World!" in the center.

The time, location services icon, celular, wifi signal and battery level icons are visibly as well as the bar at the bottom edge and "Hello, World!" in the center of the screen.

The simulator is responsive, in the sense that I can swipe up from the the bottom edge to minimize or close the app environment, however, they are the only controls that are functional.

When you minimize or close the app, the simulator environment seems to be functioning correctly i.e. you can swipe through to the home screen and see/manipulate the other apps in the environment.

I have attempted to run the simulator separately on both my MacBook and on my iPhone 11 Pro Max Version 13.3.1 however, the only difference is, when I attemt the simulator on my iPhone I can see the screen I am attempting to test briefly for a split second just before the app morphs opened from the apps icon to then cover the entire screen and displays the information I described earlier.

Can anybody possibly assist in solving this matter?

Replies

* Current Status *

After some trouble shootting attempts, I was instructed to "Erased all Content and Settings" also to "Reset" the simulator, then to delete the Projects "Derived Data" in Xcode then quit and restart both Xcode and the Simulator and once I have completed these steps the problem shold be resolved.

After carrying out those processies the problem still exists, however, the screen is now completely black without the "Hello, World!" quote. The test app apears for slightly longer but then seems to get covered by a black screen.

When I minimize the app then maximize it again, for a fraction of a second while the app opens/morths to and resizes and cover the entire screen you get to see the test app but then it gets covered with the black screen. #FrustrationTrainingKamp!

Any resolution? I'm having the same issue and trying to figure out what to do.

Try to run from the command line. I had this problem a few times and each time the erasing of all simulators (content) is helping me.

xcrun simctl erase all