App Store Connect bug - You have no eligible Bundle IDs for macOS apps (we do though)

Please help

We're running into an issue where App Store Connect won't let us set up a MacOS app.

When we go to App Store Connect's "My Apps" page and click on the + sign on the top left to create a "New MacOS App", it gives us an error, saying

You have no eligible Bundle IDs for macOS apps.

However, we do. We have macOS bundle IDs. But App Store Connect isn't picking them up.

- The error dialogue then gives us an option to "Register one here." with a link to the "Register an App ID" page (https://developer.apple.com/account/resources/identifiers/bundleId/add/)

- We do so, making sure macOS is selected instead of [iOS, Apple TV, watchOS].

- We give it a unique explicit Bundle ID (we've also tried Wildcards, we've tried a lot of things at this point)

Then we go back to App Store Connect's "My Apps" page and click on the + sign on the top left to create a "New MacOS App", it gives us an error, saying

You have no eligible Bundle IDs for macOS apps.

etc.

This is endless. Help!

Accepted Reply

The issue appears to have been resolved. It was likely a backend error on Apple's servers, which it appears they have fixed.

It is working mormally and as expected now for me.

Replies

I got the same error, please help

Same here. We can not make our deadlines because of this. The frustration is real.

I have been trying since yesterday to get our Bundle Id:s to no avail.

Same thing here. Tried wildcards and absolute ones. Tried everything. Nothing changes in the dropdown.

Followed the link. Tried logging in and out many times. Restarted computer, restarted Xcode. Everything I could come up with. Nothing. I think they are having internal issues at Apple.

And as any serious company, the status page of services has absolutely no useful information about what has been the issues or what issues they are working with.

Of course the support is also closed, beacuse who could ever need support on a weekend. That seems unlikely.

Same problem, but with iOS apps

I would like to add that we too tried logging out and logging back in, quitting x-code, etc. We even created a whole new user with a brand new Apple ID, thinking maybe there was something wrong with the "old" account, and invited that user as an admin. Nothing.

Is there any way to flag an Apple support technitian on this thread? We emailed apple support yesterday, and no response yet. This is very frustrating. We paid $100 and have never needed support until now, and we're having a hard time getting this solved. We too have missed a deadline, and it's setting our year off to a bad start.

I'm a brand new developer, trying to publish my first app, and I just thought I was doing something wrong. I've followed all the threads in an attempt to find out what I was doing wrong, until I found this one from today. Is this a usual problem? I can see my BundleID for the app in the "Certificates, Identifiers, and Profiles" section for IOS, but App Store Connect still says that I don't have a BundleID. This is really frustrating stuff.

Same problem with iOS apps

It is horror. We lose time and money in a flat place. Happy New Year, from Apple

I have the same problem, even tried with macOS app, same result. Apple support replied, that they need steps to reproduce, which i sent. Still no answer...

I am facing the exact same issue.

I filed a bug report to Apple for the same.

I am a registered Apple Developer and also raised a support incident query to help with speedy resolution.

same issue here: cannot create new macOS app in app store connect

It is yet another day (3 days going on 4) and we still are having this issue. No response from Apple yet in our support ticket. We are unable to move forward with even Mac App user testing with this road block, since we need to invite users to test the app via the App Store Connect (we paid $100 for the service, and we're not just going to give out unrestricted versions of our app for people to test and leak). This is ridiculous. And without a response from Apple on our original support ticket that we created, we can't even reply (it's a "no-reply") in order to direct them to this thread that has received over 200 views with many people having the same issue.

Time is of the essence, Apple.

same here

Shame on Apple, simple bundleID signup problem, please fix this or as soon as possible

Same issue here, and I'm now cutting a deadline very fine. Is there any way to get apple to notice this problem? And has it been fixed for anyone yet?

update Jan 6 3:30pm EST: now I am able to create a macOS app in the app connect system, but only for a catalyst.com.etc mac name (e.g. for mac catalyst, the porting iPad app to MacOS system). it doesnt seem to recognize my regular mac app IDs I created.