Did you find a solution? I´ve the same problem, although i already went succefully through this in the past.
We ended up signing everything manually following these steps:
1. Go to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
2. Select Identifiers
3. Select iOS app that you are trying to catalyze from.
4. Enable "Mac" and Save.
5. Go to Devices
6. Check if your Mac is added or add it
7. Go to Profiles
8. Create a "iOS App Development" provisioning profile using the previous App ID.
9. Create a "macOS App Development" provisioning profile using the previous App ID
10. Open XCode and select the target to catalyze
11. Enable Mac in General Tab
12. Go to Signin & Capabilities
13. Uncheck "Automatically manage signing"
14. Select iOS App Development Provisioning Profile under iOS platform
15. Select macOS App Development Provisioning Profile under macOS platform
16. Build and run
This worked for us!