Certificate included in provisioning profile does not exist in my account

Hi Everyone,

Under 'signing & capabilities' in Xcode, the signing certificate that shows up in my provisioning profile has a certificate ID that is not one of my certificates in my developer account (I know because I cross-referenced the 10-digit alphanumeric code but it is not one of the certificates that I have created). I am logged into Xcode using my apple ID, so I'm not sure where this certificate is coming from.

I also tried to manually manage signing by unchecking the 'automatically manage signing' box, but this same certificate is still the only signing certificate showing up in Xcode. I reached out to App store support but they were unable to help solve the issue. I can't figure out why this is happening, and I will greatly appreciate any information you can provide to help resolve this issue.

Replies

Use Keychain Access to check your macos Keychain to see if you can find that cert's ID number there.

Are you just curious, or are there errors/issues cropping up that are involved behind your question?

Are you using Xcode's free provisioning, or do you have a valid paid Developer Program account?

If errors, be sure to add them to your thread, thanks.