3 Replies
      Latest reply on Dec 26, 2019 1:13 PM by KMT
      damss Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi Everyone,

Under 'signing & capabilities' in Xcode, the signing certificate that shows up in my provisioning profile has a certificate ID that is not one of my certificates in my developer account (I know because I cross-referenced the 10-digit alphanumeric code but it is not one of the certificates that I have created). I am logged into Xcode using my apple ID, so I'm not sure where this certificate is coming from.

I also tried to manually manage signing by unchecking the 'automatically manage signing' box, but this same certificate is still the only signing certificate showing up in Xcode. I reached out to App store support but they were unable to help solve the issue. I can't figure out why this is happening, and I will greatly appreciate any information you can provide to help resolve this issue.

• Re: Certificate included in provisioning profile does not exist in my account
          KMT Level 9 Level 9 (15,455 points)

Use Keychain Access to check your macos Keychain to see if you can find that cert's ID number there.

Are you just curious, or are there errors/issues cropping up that are involved behind your question?

Are you using Xcode's free provisioning, or do you have a valid paid Developer Program account?

If errors, be sure to add them to your thread, thanks.

• Re: Certificate included in provisioning profile does not exist in my account
              damss Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Use Keychain Access to check your macos Keychain to see if you can find that cert's ID number there.

- Great idea. I just did and it shows up there.

Are you just curious, or are there errors/issues cropping up that are involved behind your question?

- I'm testing in-app purchases and keep getting an 'invalid product id' error. The error message is very vague, and doesn't say anything other than that so I am checking everything and wanted to make sure the certificates were setup correctly.

Are you using Xcode's free provisioning, or do you have a valid paid Developer Program account?

- I have a paid developer account

If errors, be sure to add them to your thread, thanks.

- The error message is very vague, it says 'invalid product id'. I wanted to make sure the certificate was tied to my account and I can now see in my macos keychain that it exists.