2 Replies
      Latest reply on Mar 22, 2020 9:16 AM by cp101
      cp101 Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

The latest version of AppleGlot (4.0 (v161.6)) was released on March 17, 2017. At installation it warns me about a certifcate that has expired on Octover 24, 2019. Has AppleGlot been discontinued? Can it still be installed safely? What has it been replaced with?

• Re: AppleGlot certificate expired
          Douglas Hill Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I notifed this too. If you ignore the warning, it seems the AppleGlot installer is not compatible with Catalina anyway because it wants to write to the system volume.

• Re: AppleGlot certificate expired
              cp101 Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Thanks, that's what I observed as well. Curiously you can still download updated files. If you extract them and then open a terminal window, you can still extract useful information with old-fashioned Unix commands. For instance, the following translates a current topic, albeit not one-to-one:

% grep -A 1 virus *.lg
              CoreEmoji.lg:        parasite | microorganism | microbes | bacterium | amoebas | bacteria | pathogens | virus | amoeba | viruses | bacillus | germs | microbe | germ | bacilli | parasites | amoebae | pathogen | microorganisms
              CoreEmoji.lg-        Parasit | Mikroorganismus | Mikrobe | Bakterie | Amöbe | Virus | Parasiten | Mikroorganismen | Mikroben | Bakterien | Amöben | Viren