AppleGlot certificate expired

The latest version of AppleGlot (4.0 (v161.6)) was released on March 17, 2017. At installation it warns me about a certifcate that has expired on Octover 24, 2019. Has AppleGlot been discontinued? Can it still be installed safely? What has it been replaced with?

Replies

I notifed this too. If you ignore the warning, it seems the AppleGlot installer is not compatible with Catalina anyway because it wants to write to the system volume.

Thanks, that's what I observed as well. Curiously you can still download updated files. If you extract them and then open a terminal window, you can still extract useful information with old-fashioned Unix commands. For instance, the following translates a current topic, albeit not one-to-one:

% grep -A 1 virus *.lg
CoreEmoji.lg:        parasite | microorganism | microbes | bacterium | amoebas | bacteria | pathogens | virus | amoeba | viruses | bacillus | germs | microbe | germ | bacilli | parasites | amoebae | pathogen | microorganisms
CoreEmoji.lg-        Parasit | Mikroorganismus | Mikrobe | Bakterie | Amöbe | Virus | Parasiten | Mikroorganismen | Mikroben | Bakterien | Amöben | Viren

cc: @cp101

do you guys know if there is a bug report for this?

do you guys know if there is a bug report for this?

Yes (r. 64363201).

ps It only got filed yesterday so it’s too soon to know how things will pan out (I strongly suspect it’ll get dup’d to an earlier bug).

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"