How to change documentation font size?

There does not appear to be any way to change/scale the font size (content scale) in Xcode’s built-in documentation viewer.

I tried various possibilities:

• command-+
  • command--
  • Edit -> Format -> Font -> Bigger
  • Edit -> Format -> Show Fonts
  • The context menu brings up nothing useful when used on the content of the documentation window (although, interestingly, when I select “Developer Documentation Help” from the context menu, the help window does support the command-+/- commands to scale the content).
  • I found nothing relevant under the View or Editor menus, either.

So, does anyone have a trick for this?

So far, I’ve come up with opening the documentation in a web browser (which is missing: dark mode, direct open from the IDE, and the navigation sidebar), or using the Accessibility “Zoom” functionality (which is a hassle because of needing to switch back-and-forth when going between the editor and documentation, which happens quite frequently at times). Finally, there’s opening the documentation on an external monitor that is set to a scaled resolution (something I can’t do most of the time these days as I’m mostly just on my MacBook).

Dear Apple: Please fix this.

P.S.: Please also let us set the quick documentation popup font size/scale.

P.P.S.: Please also let us set the rest of the UI font sizes (Inspectors and Navigator side bars, toolbar/window-header, etc.)

Apple touts its dynamic-type handling for accessibility (which is quite good and useful), but doesn’t actually implement it in Xcode itself?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of grantn Down vote post of grantn
1.5k views

Replies

The only way I know is to reduce the screen resolution. Which is what you are doing presently.

Feel free to file a bug report for enhancement reuest. That's the best way to get it to Apple.

You got it - zoom and/or screen res.

Or...remember thatXcode Help is on the weband you can always view it there, via Safari, where you can increase font/content size at near will. Use Safari's View>Zoom in/Out menu.

If you bug it, tho, be sure to add your FB # to your thread for reference, thanks and good luck.

Have you looked at Dash instead? I find Dash invaluable for those times when Xcode's documentation viewer refuses to respond to keystrokes.