NEDNSProxyProvider - Don't handle all flows

Hi,

Is there a way for a NEDNSProxyProvider to not handle a flow, without blocking the request?

It NO / false is returned in -handleNewFlow:, it seems that the request is blocked.

Alternatively, I could perform the DNS request using res_send (resolv.h), but if a do so, I get back the request in my proxy again…

Thanks for your help

Replies

For my understanding, are your wanting to configure a Network Extension such that NEDNSProxyProvider proxies a certain set of DNS requests and all others it ignores?

Matt Eaton

DTS Engineering, CoreOS

meaton3 at apple.com

Correct. I'd like to proxy only some requests. Or at least, to be able to resolve DNS request within the extension (if I do so currently, the request I made within the extension using res_send is forwarded to my proxy…)

I'd like to proxy only some requests.

There’s a difference between flows and requests. You can get multiple requests on a flow, so the ability to choose which flows you accept doesn’t help with the problem of choosing which requests to accept.

Realistically, you will need to handle all requests. If your infrastructure isn’t up for that, you’ll need to resolve the requests it can’t handle internally.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"