DMX lighting control track in QT Movie

I'm curious to know if anyone is aware of a developing standard in including real-time DMX lighting control data (ArtNet/E1.31) as a track to an existing Quicktime movie?

At the AVFoundation level, rather than just pulling audio/video samples from a running AVPlayer, one would be be pulling this control metadata and sending it across the DMX network. One would likely using AVMutableMovie to effectively merge a basic audio/video tracked QTMovie with timed metadata. In actuality it would be a sample reference file linking to the AV-based movie file and would itself contain the timed metadata.

I am aware of Tim Monroe's "Editing Movies in AVFoundation" (Session 506, WWDC 2015) where he melded his GPS location data whilst inline skating around Oakland & Boston with headcam videos over the years. I've downloaded the "AVMovieEditor" sample code (circa 2015) mentioned therein, but it's more than a tad dated.

As well, "Harnessing Metadata in Audiovisual Media”, WWDC 2014" with the AVCaptureLocation and AVTimedAnnotationWriter sample code.

I don't see an existing AVMediaType that would be a good fit for this lighting control data. I guess one can just invent their own data type, no?

-- Bruce.