Not able to "connect via network" for debugging

Is there some reason that I won't be able to use "Connect via Network" in Xcode 11.2.1 to debug an iPhone 5c which has iOS 10.3.3 installed?

It works fine with my iPhone 7 Plus which has iOS 13.2.3. But with the iPhone 5c, there is no checkbox for "Connect via Network"

Both phones and the computer are connected to the same wifi, and all devices are logged in to the same Apple ID.

I am able to install and run apps to the iPhone 5c using the USB cable without any problems.

Edited with additional information:

I have tried it in Xcode 10 & 11 in Catalina, and also Xcode 9 & 10 in High Sierra.

I tried to follow the steps found in a reply to this thread: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/89040

Specifically, I disabled the iPhone's network entirely, connected it over USB, looked for a "connect via network" option, connected the iPhone to the same network as the computer, looked for the "connect via network" option, it never appears.

But I can never get the line to show up that should say "Connect via Network", it's missing entirely for this device only, not simply grayed out. I've also tried un-pairing/re-pairing the device.

I'm starting to think that maybe the iPhone 5c is simply incompatible with this connect via network feature, but I don't know if this is true, so I'm hoping someone could let me know.

Accepted Reply

> looked for the "connect via network" option, it never appears.

Dead giveaway it's not going to work. iPad 2 here exhibits the same behavoir.

Quoting the 'net "Network debugging requires Xcode 9.0 or later running on macOS 10.12. 4 or later, and on the device, requires iOS 11.0 or later, or tvOS 11.0 or later. iOS 11 is not be available for 32bit devices, i.e. iPhone 5 and iPhone 5c. The first 64bit iPhone is 5s."

Replies

> looked for the "connect via network" option, it never appears.

Dead giveaway it's not going to work. iPad 2 here exhibits the same behavoir.

Quoting the 'net "Network debugging requires Xcode 9.0 or later running on macOS 10.12. 4 or later, and on the device, requires iOS 11.0 or later, or tvOS 11.0 or later. iOS 11 is not be available for 32bit devices, i.e. iPhone 5 and iPhone 5c. The first 64bit iPhone is 5s."