How do I implement Canadian Accent for text-to-speech?

I have implemented language accents for my Vidalingua language learning apps.

They work well for Learn Spanish (Spain, Mexico) but not for the Canadian accent in Learn French.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Does anybody have a link to the latest languages / accents supported by AVSpeechSynthesizer?

I can't seem to find a place to download Canadien French in iOS Settings but could that be my problem?

Replies

Don't you find Freanch (Canada) in General settings > Language & Region > Add a language ?

I had already added French (Canada) as a language before asking.

I tried changing language in iOS Settings to French (Canada) / Français (Canada) and restarting my iPhone X but it doesn't help. The voice for the French Canadian accent is Amelie, whose accent sounds like she is from Paris, definately not from Canada.

Any other ideas?

Also, still looking for a link to Apple developer docs describing all the voices available for iOS but all I find is outdated, 3rd party sites. Anybody got a link for me?

French Canadian here. Amélie is listed as a French (Canada) voice. She seems to speak in more of a standardized (i.e. "international") French. I tried "Amélie (améliorée)" and she did sound better.