Is there a Apple Developer Forums App for iOS?

Navigating this form on the iOS or iPadOS is so frustrating painful. If I approached Apple for making an forum app for them, which contains all the major features and should be present in today’s app; will they be willing to listen?

Accepted Reply

Apple contracts with JIVE Software for their (windows/linux-centric) forums package, using it for both the public community support forums and devForums. The implementation here is barebones and like it or not we're lucky to have what we have.

Note we have an ASC Mobile App, and as of 11.18.19, the renamed WWDC app, now know as:

"The Apple Developer app can be downloaded from the App Store for free. Those who had the WWDC app can install an update to get the new Apple Developer interface."

Maybe they'll interface the forums, there, but I'd not expect it to be anything more than a web hook back here.

If you want to try your idea, see https://www.apple.com/legal/intellectual-property/policies/ideas.html

And as always, feel free to request enhancements via the feedback assistant, being sure to add your FB# to your thread for reference,

Replies

There are a lot of things to improve on the forum, which could well be done directly on the web site.

I'm not working at Apple, but I doubt they would listen nor that they would wait for you if they needed…

Apple contracts with JIVE Software for their (windows/linux-centric) forums package, using it for both the public community support forums and devForums. The implementation here is barebones and like it or not we're lucky to have what we have.

Note we have an ASC Mobile App, and as of 11.18.19, the renamed WWDC app, now know as:

"The Apple Developer app can be downloaded from the App Store for free. Those who had the WWDC app can install an update to get the new Apple Developer interface."

Maybe they'll interface the forums, there, but I'd not expect it to be anything more than a web hook back here.

If you want to try your idea, see https://www.apple.com/legal/intellectual-property/policies/ideas.html

And as always, feel free to request enhancements via the feedback assistant, being sure to add your FB# to your thread for reference,