AVCaptureDeviceInput zooms in compared to Camera view in Photo - how to obtain complete vision of the camera to use in app?

AVCaptureDeviceInput zooms in compared to Camera view in Photo - how to obtain complete vision of the camera to use in app?

There are 2 similar questions on stackoverflow.com that are 5 and 10 years old, but none answer how to keep the complete view from the camera in photo view for the AVCaptureDeviceInput to use in your app.

• AV Foundation camera preview layer gets zoomed in, how to zoom out?
  • AVCam: Zoom further out (as it is possible for photo-mode)?

I experience the same problem as described in the posts mentioned above with AVCaptureDeviceInput... compared with the camera view in photo mode on the iPhone X the captured stream in AVCaptureDeviceInput is very much zoomed in...

For my app, I need to have a wide-angle view to allow the user to move around a bit without having to adjust the position of the phone all the time. Is there any chance I can make use of the completely zoomed out picture that is captured by the camera in AVCaptureDeviceInput?

Please see below my code and the alternatives I have tried out, but all result in the zoomed-in view:

func setupAVCapture() {
var deviceInput: AVCaptureDeviceInput!
// Select a video device, make an input
let videoDevice = AVCaptureDevice.DiscoverySession(deviceTypes: [.builtInWideAngleCamera], mediaType: .video, position: .back).devices.first
// deviceTypes: [.builtInWideAngleCamera], oder deviceTypes: [.builtInTelephotoCamera],
do {
deviceInput = try AVCaptureDeviceInput(device: videoDevice!)
} catch {
print("Could not create video device input: \(error)")
return
}
session.beginConfiguration()
session.sessionPreset = AVCaptureSession.Preset.high;
// taken from: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32542745/avcam-zoom-further-out-as-it-is-possible-for-photo-mode
// alternative tried out:
// session.sessionPreset = AVCaptureSession.Preset.photo
// taken from: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3676607/av-foundation-camera-preview-layer-gets-zoomed-in-how-to-zoom-out?answertab=active#tab-top and disabled next line of code:
// alternative original setting:
// session.sessionPreset = .vga640x480
// Model image size is smaller. alternative values: "vga640x480" oder "photo" oder hd4K3840x2160
// voreingestellt und funktionierend: vga640x480
// Add a video input
guard session.canAddInput(deviceInput) else {
print("Could not add video device input to the session")
session.commitConfiguration()
return
}

Any hints how to get the complete wide angle view from the camera in photo mode to use in avcapture will be highly appreciated.