3 Replies
      Latest reply on Dec 3, 2019 10:52 AM by KMT
      ucelme Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hello. I'm trying to make website app for my website, but I was rejected 2 times already with Guideline 4.2 - Design - Minimum Functionality reason.

I added to my app toolbar with possibility for sharing articles and also back button.

What also I should add to my website app to pass the check and get to AppStore?

• Re: Website app - Guideline 4.2 - Design - Minimum Functionality
          KMT Level 9 Level 9 (15,245 points)

Not having seen your app... you might want to begin by removing all of the website stuff, then work to add in significant native functionality so that Apple sees your app as something that showcases the platform and adds value to the store. 4.2 basically means you have no app.

What that means depends on the app. If you can talk about your goals, perhaps someone can make specific suggestions you can consider using.

Just remember there may be more going on that triggers additional rejections, so be sure to work the design, tune the code and test carefully before trying again.

Good luck.

ucelme Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I added to my app possibility to share content of my website and add certain articles in favorites. I also made categories and search in navigation bar. What else functionality I should add to my website app?

KMT Level 9 Level 9 (15,245 points)

I don't think you appreciate the obligation you are under when targeting the store.

Again, remove -all- of the website stuff. Stop using the word website. Forget it exists, and make a native app that goes beyond a simple website. Until you uncouple your old concepts you're just wasting your time.

It's a bit leap to let all that go, I get it, but until you do, the store is likely to remain just outside your reach. Start over. Learn new. Spread your wings. Step up. Push yourself. Live large. Get out of your comfort zone. Envision a new horizon. Respect the grow. Grow.

Good luck.