Sell Edu App to individuals and organisations

Hi,

I am developing a learning app targeted towards individuals and schools/universites.

My app should be available in App Store as free app with a one-time IAP. But Schools should be able to buy a school/campus subscription for all of their students to be used on their personal devices (I have already three schools interested in it).

None of the options I found so far will support this business models. School Manager AFAIK only works with devices owned by the school, not personal devices. Plus, I'd need more than 50% discount per student and still make sure that at least the contract value is bought...

I was thinking about offering the regular IAP for everyone and unlock codes to be entered in the app for students of schools that bought my app.

I cannot find anything in the App Store guidelines about the second case. I am fine with paying the 30% share for Apple, but I don't have any idea on how to sell that app to a school/university and make if available free of charge for every student of that school on their personal devices.

Does anyone have an idea?

Replies

You are aware of the checkbox in ASC that allows you to indicate you are willing to edu sell a given app at 50% of your chosen, price, right?

The institution buys your app in blocks with their account, then issues redeem codes to staffers/students who use that code to download, effectively making it free to those users.

Hey @LooneyRoadrunner,

Did you manage to do it?

I also want to have both the IAP for individuals and a login/code for students from a partner school?

Thank you very much for the reply!