XCode 11.2.1 hangs on "Preparing debugger support for <my iPhone>"

Hello,

I just updated to XCode 11.2.1 and am trying to deploy my app to my iPhone 7 Plus from my Mac Book Pro running Catalina (10.15.1). XCode is hanging on "Preparing debugger support for <my iPhone>". It's been over 20 minutes. I've searched the forums and tried the various suggestions ("untrust" and "retrust" the computer from your phone, restart XCode, restart the phone, restart the computer, etc.) but nothing works.

This app deployed fine to this device numerous times under XCode 11.2.

Are other people seeing this behavior?

Thanks in advance for any help.

M

Replies

Hello,

The app finally deployed to my phone after about 40 minutes, so I guess things are OK. Hopefully this is only a first-deployment-from-this-version issue, I'll update this thread if subsequent deploys are similarly pokey.

Thanks

I'm having the same problem. It has been well over 40 minutes 😟

I've been having the same problem for the last week, the message is still there even after restarting Mac and iPad.

It happens when the deployment target does not match iPhone's iOS version
Same ... I tried everything (including patience - LOL) ... ultimately, after seemingly forever, it had to finish whatever it was doing .... then it was OK.

same problem here! you would think Apple would want to fix errors like this

It's a sporadic issue for me. But restarting the iPhone and freshly connecting it to my Mac does resolve the problem reliably!

I'm running many days without rebooting my iPhone and I suppose there are some "debugging/development related" iOS processes which "get stuck" after such a long time... Or perhaps it is somehow related to not having properly disconnected the devices during as debugging session? I have no idea. It just happens and I don't know why.