Swift Migrating

Hi

I have a macOS application with swift 3.x and I want to migrate it to Swift 5 with Xcode 11.2.1 but I get a window, but when I select the application icon in the navigator then I go to Edit -> Convert -> To Current Swift Syntex I get a window saying "no target to convert found" what does that means ? what Im doing wrong ?

--

Kindest Regards

Accepted Reply

The swift migrator tool in that version Xcode will not migrate from 3 to 5

According to swift.org:

• Xcode 9.0 comes with a Swift Migrator tool that helps you migrate your project to Swift 4.
  • Xcode 10.0 comes with a Swift Migrator tool that helps you migrate your project to Swift 4.2.
  • Xcode 10.2 comes with a Swift Migrator tool that helps you migrate your project to Swift 5.

See:

Migration Guides

Of course, older Xcodes may require old macOS - in the end, you may find it easier to simply start over, with current tools.

Replies

The swift migrator tool in that version Xcode will not migrate from 3 to 5

According to swift.org:

• Xcode 9.0 comes with a Swift Migrator tool that helps you migrate your project to Swift 4.
  • Xcode 10.0 comes with a Swift Migrator tool that helps you migrate your project to Swift 4.2.
  • Xcode 10.2 comes with a Swift Migrator tool that helps you migrate your project to Swift 5.

See:

Migration Guides

Of course, older Xcodes may require old macOS - in the end, you may find it easier to simply start over, with current tools.