What is the minimum (oldest, cheapest) iOS device I can use to register with my apple developer account to be able to publish an iOS app?

Hi,

What is the minimum (oldest, cheapest) iOS device I can use to register with my apple developer account to be able to publish an iOS Flutter app (Flutter on iOS requires iPhone 4S or newer to run)? I use an android phone and do not have an iOS device registered with my account so I guess I need to borrow or buy one.

PS: can I just use my mac as the device even if I am publishing iOS apps?

Thanks

Replies

The rules say at least one device, not which one, so any iPhone/touch/iPad would generally qualify, but if you're spending money and intend to have a device for testing using the latest tools/SDKs/iOSs, you might want to first decide what it is your apps will do, then find/purchase a device that is compatible w/those goals. If an app needs telephony, a non-cell iPad isn't going to do you much good as a test mule. It is not uncommon for a dev to have multiple devices, BTW.

If you're thinking you can get by with just simulator testing otherwise, keep in mind that amounts to asking your users to test for you, which is not a good idea if you value your reputation in the store. Remember too that app review isn't a testing service...

You cannot use your mac to count as a device for iOS testing.