Update to beta 5 is stuck at 108MB

I've canceled the update several times and it always downloads to 108MB and then stops. I've even re-booted to no effect.

Any thoughts on how to address this?

Replies

This happened to me also. I was able to get it to finish finally, by cancelling and rebooting. It took a few tries. I initially thought it was a wifi problem at my end, but it's interesting that it hung at 108MB.

Exactly the same problem !

Blocked at 108 MB on our iMac...

But no problem with our MacPro.

It seems that App Store gets struck after downloading the firmware part of the update. So the first thing to try is to go to /Library/Updates/ and run the 107.6MB FirmwareUpdate.pkg file you find in there. That will install the firmware update and free up App Store to download the Beta 5 update.

If that doesn't work, cancel the download (you may need to hold the alt/option key while you click on it if it is stuck at "waiting"). After that, make another (temporary) user account and update from there:

• System Preferences, then click Users & Groups.
  • Click the padlock to unlock it, then enter an administrator name and password.
  • Click + button below the list of users.
  • Click the New Account pop-up menu, then choose as type of user administrator
  • Log out of your user account (or restart your Mac) and log in to the new account.
  • Update to the latest beta from there.
  • After the update is fully completed, you can log in to your normal account and delete the one you made earlier.