App built with Xcode 11.2 now broken in iOS 12.X (works fine in 13.X)

I am nearing my wits end. I need to know of the SDK for 13.X excluded functionality for 12.X.

Did a build for an application at the end of September. The application ran find under iOS 12.X, but would crash under 13.X.

Spent the last few weeks updating to run under 13.X as well as updated my Xcode and system OS (Catalina).

Now, the application will build and run without issue under iOS13.X, but repeatedly fails under iOS 12.X.

For sanity, I restored the original base code from the September release and built it. Same problem. Runs under 13.X but crashes under 12.X.

The restored code has none of the updates that were applied for 13.X, therefore it should build and run without issue.

I have made sure the build settings are identical, and they are, so I'm at a complete losss as to what/where theres a problem.

The thing is, I have practically go to support 12.X and 13.X as we've kept our users on 12.X untill the 13.X release was ready. To expect 900+ to update to 13.X overnight is asking an awful lot from our users, so it more than a bit unrealistic.

Replies

WHat is the crashlog ?

If it is about UITextView, unfortunately this is a known bug, not completely resolved in XCode 11.2.1.