Connected UPS disables TimeMachine and macOS stays on Batterypower on my iMac.

Hi, after installing an UPS (CyberPower CP1500, connected to my iMac via USB)

my iMac stays on Batterypower in Systemsettings/Energie and some of my Apps

stopps because of Battery-Powering (like TimeMachine does.)

Maybe a Bug in 10.15.2 DP1?

Can you confirm this?

Is it possible to set my iMac to Main-Power (editing some .plist)?

Disconnectig the USB-Connection stops this and my iMac works like expected.

Thanks for your Time and Help.

Rene

Accepted Reply

Update: TimeMachine started Backup just after installing latest Developer-Preview (DP 3, 19C46a), seems the Problem is fixed.

Will try other Things and test.

Replies

I have a similar model UPS (CyberPower 1500PFCLCD). I get a warning that I am on UPS battery power when I restart. I checked System Information/ Power info. It says I am running on UPS battery power, but I am not, I am running on normal power. This does seem to be a bug in 19C32e. I restarted in another volume running Mojave and I don't have this issue.

I don't have a solution. I am just letting you know that I too am experiencing this. I sent a Feedback Assistant report to Apple.

Thats nice, thank you for your Reply. I will send Feedback too...

Hope we can get and install a working DP2 soon.

Sent Feedback FB7440140.

Same thing. CyberPower UPS. After upgrade to 10.15.2 Beta (19C32e), my mac keept shutting down every 5 minutes. Turned out to be my UPS Shutdown setting in Energy Save pref pane. Had to turn that off until Apple gets this fixed. Sent feedback.

Just updated to 19C39d, macOS 10.15.2 DP2, but the Problem is there again... No Solution yet.

Hope to the next Version.

Just to confirm, I am still seeing this issue with 19C39d too. System Information/ Power still tells me I am running on UPS battery power, but I am not. I sent new Feedback Assistant report.

Update: TimeMachine started Backup just after installing latest Developer-Preview (DP 3, 19C46a), seems the Problem is fixed.

Will try other Things and test.

same here
macOS reported like running on battery power and battery level is 0%