the app runs in the background

We’ve encountered an urgent problem. We’ve discovered that, at times, the app runs in the background and consumes our customers’ cellular data, but isn’t present on the list of active or background apps. Let me give you an example:

When the user clicks the “play” button from the drop-down menu, our app will be launched in the background and “music” appears on the multimedia bar Even when the user thinks he or she has closed the app, it continues to run invisibly in the background, racking up our users’ cellular data usage.

We need your help. How can the app run and consume data but not be present on the list of active and background apps? We want our users to be able to use our app efficiently. We’ve looked at various sources for help, but there’s no specific solution to this unique problem. Maybe we’ve overlooked it, but we’d appreciate any insights you could offer.

How can we accurately judge the user's startup behavior, such as the background startup from multimedia click.

Replies

Even when the user thinks he or she has closed the app

What action here: did he or she wiped the app off ?

Thanks for your reply, I mean that the user has killed the running program, but clicking through the play button in the multimedia center will evoke our program again, but in the background. Similar to the music app, they can continue to play, but I don't know that the user is a program evoked by the play button in the multimedia center. There are also other scenarios that cause the application to be launched from the background.

Just a headzup that this is the macOS forum...pls. see FAQ 4 here:For Best Results - Read the Label, thanks.

As for your issue, pls. show your backgrounding code and any associated plist keys.

Hey, were you able to figure out why this is happening? We are facing a similar issue here. Would be helpful if you could share how you dealt with the problem

Hey, were you able to figure out why this is happening? We are facing a similar issue here. Would be helpful if you could share how you dealt with the problem

You should probably open a DTS ticket for help with this problem from Apple. This question is a year old and these forums are one of the quietest places on the internet.