iOS 13.2 SFSpeechRecognizer recognitionTask resultsHandler final result with 2 or more seconds delay

When using recognitionTask of SFSpeechRecognizer on iOS 13.2, the resultsHandler gives partial results normally but the final one comes with around 2 seconds delay. 2 seconds was with english and around 30 seconds for other languages.

I was profiling it, trying to see if there is something keeping the final result to come, but I did not find anything.

recognitionTask function:

open func recognitionTask(with request: SFSpeechRecognitionRequest, resultHandler: @escaping (SFSpeechRecognitionResult?, Error?) -> Void) -> SFSpeechRecognitionTask

Did anybody had the same issue and maybe found out why is it happening?

Replies

I have a similar problem with iOS 13.2 and macOS 10.15.1

I get the final result only once, then I only get partial results until the Mac or iOS device is rebooted.

I just checked and it still works fine with iOS 12.4.1 and iOS 13.1.3

The problem seems to be solved in iOS 13.3 beta 1.

But the API issue is still not solved with iOS 13.2.2 on a real device !

The 30 second delay (for German) is still there with iOS 13.3

I have quite a similar problem. I receive partial and final results with a huge delay. Sometimes it recognizes phrases spoken a long time ago (e.g. over 20-30 seconds). Was only able to reproduce this problem on very few devices (on an iPad Pro 3. gen for example). Also answers from Siri have a huge delay on that device sometimes. Has anyone yet found a solution for this?