rvictl

-bash: rvictl: command not found

Accepted Reply

rvictl
should be installed by Xcode. One thing to watch out for in 10.15 is that it’s now installed in a new location. In 10.14.x it was installed in
/usr/bin/rvictl
. In 10.15 it’s installed in
/Library/Apple/usr/bin/rvictl
. The default shell on 10.15 has
/Library/Apple/usr/bin/
in its path, but you seem to be customising your shell and thus you might not be picking this up from there.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"
  • Is there anything in common for all the things installed in /Library/Apple/ ? I seem to see things related to malware detection and removal, and things like that... Is there a better description for what's in there?

The directory structure of MacOS becomes more and more frustrating, and there is no coherent source for learning about it.

Add a Comment

Replies

I have installed xcode/MobileDeviceDevelopment.pkg/MobileDevice.pkg, The terminal : cmmand not found?

Could you tell me How to solve this issue?

I am from CHN. Thank you!

Connect your iOS device to your Mac via USB.

Set up an RVI for that device. This creates a virtual network interface on your Mac that represents the iOS device's networking stack.

Run your OS X packet trace program, and point it at the RVI created in the previous step.

MAC Catalina 10.15.1 (19B88)

Xcode Version 11.2 (11B52)

I think this is a bug in this xcode version.

rvictl
should be installed by Xcode. One thing to watch out for in 10.15 is that it’s now installed in a new location. In 10.14.x it was installed in
/usr/bin/rvictl
. In 10.15 it’s installed in
/Library/Apple/usr/bin/rvictl
. The default shell on 10.15 has
/Library/Apple/usr/bin/
in its path, but you seem to be customising your shell and thus you might not be picking this up from there.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"
  • Is there anything in common for all the things installed in /Library/Apple/ ? I seem to see things related to malware detection and removal, and things like that... Is there a better description for what's in there?

The directory structure of MacOS becomes more and more frustrating, and there is no coherent source for learning about it.

Add a Comment

The rvictl has been relocated to /Library/Apple/usr/bin/ folder. If you add this to your paths, you will be able to use rvictl again.

sudo nano /etc/paths

Add the line /Library/Apple/usr/bin/

Ctrl X to save and type Y to accept. Restart the terminal and rvictl should work now.

Starting device 351d597176c237f46f230f** [FAILED] How to solve this “Failed”?

The most likely cause of this is the issue discussed on this thread.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"