How to create browser downloader

I created a browser based on

WKWebView
. I need to add the ability to download videos, photos, music, etc. in the AppStore there are many applications, such as DManager, where you open any link, and if it contains a video ( youtube, rutube...), music (zaycev.net), it immediately determines that the site contains a media file and offers to download. Searched all Google, but even the approximate decision did not find.

Replies

The general strategy for implementing a web download feature:

1. Set yourself as the web view’s navigation delegate

navigationDelegate
  2. Implement one or more of the

WKNavigationDelegate
    methods. Typically this is either:

depending on whether you need to see the server’s response or not.

3. After deciding that the navigation should be treated as a download, complete the policy request with

.cancel
    . This prevents the web view from doing anything more with the navigation, allowing you to take over.
  4. Then use

URLSession
    to download the resource.

It’s easy to get this working in simple cases. In complex cases it’s quite tricky. For example:

• Many downloads are authenticated, so you need to find a way to get the authentication state out of the web view and into your

URLSession
  • Some content is not represented by a single resource. The most common example of this is video, where a lot of video uses multiple resources (typically using HTTP Live Streaming).

• On iOS you typically want to run the download in a background session, and that introduces its own complexities.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Could you help with this question in more detail?

Could you help with this question in more detail?

I’m sorry but I don’t see a lot of detail in that other post; it seems to be largely a restatement of your requirements.

Earlier in this thread I’ve given you some technical pointers on how to proceed. My recommendation is that you try these out and see how far you get. If you run into snags, post your questions here and I’ll have a go at answering them.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"