GameDevelopers - Dell Developer WorkStation & Ipads

Hello

A £2000 iMAC is a ticket to LA and E3.

Thanks

Digital Lions.

Accepted Reply

Hello Claude31

Fixing our Breach of Contract will make us purchase 100 iMACs. Clearly thats the best solution. Thank you for your input.

Replies

You will not find XCode running on PC. You may find Swift, but you will miss the essential access to API.

have you considered using cross platform development tools ?

If you search, you will find much cheaper iMac. Depends on your spec of course.

Asad:

>Surely Apple must have allow cross platform development by now?

Surely, you jest. Apple is for Apple, having invested significant time, money and resources to build a worldwide ecosystem that is predicated on their product$, and in the case of 3rd party devs, their IDE, which requires a mac.

Swift Playgrounds for iPad is basically a learning/feet wet endeavor. I can however, imagine being able to produce a playground on iPad that would work as a proof-of-concept/demo, depending on the example. There is no involvement w/Xcode, which does not run on iOS.

Any effort to satisfy investors of course involves cost, making the decision one of ROI. If in your example costs present a burden, then you need to face that fact, make a strictly business decision and move on.

>We are GameDevelopers bombed by bad publishers in Sheffield.

Sounds like a tough neighborhood...

Good luck.

Ken

Hello Claude31

Fixing our Breach of Contract will make us purchase 100 iMACs. Clearly thats the best solution. Thank you for your input.

I'm not sure I understand your point, but if that's OK for you, that's OK for me.

Have a good day.