I have a question about Subscription Duplicate purchase Issue

Hi. I am implementing a subscription feature using Unity IAP.

I am currently testing purchases with Sandbox account through Testflight.

I initially completed my subscription. If I try to subscribe again immediately, "You are currently subscribed" message window appears. And the window has two buttons "Manage" and "OK".

If I click "OK" button, the subscription is purchased again.

I think that if I already have a subscription, payment should fail.

And if I click "Manage" button, I can't find my subscription info.

I can't find solution and I don't know reason.

If I test using the testflight environment and the sandbox account, can the results differ from the actual ones?

I hope to get a clue on this issue.

Replies

> If I click "OK" button, the subscription is purchased again.

What exactly happens? Does the App Store ask the user to agree to another payment or are you writing that your updatedTransactions gets called with a 'purchased' state? If the later, this is normal procedure and is one way of transferring a subscription from one device to another device owned by the same user. It is like a 'restoreCompletedTransactions'. The receipt will contain information in it that will guide your app to granting subscription rights to the user on this new device.

Thank you for your reply.

Let me tell you about the current situation again.

I'm using Unity3D and I'm testing Subscription purchase with sandbox account.

I purchased a subscription at first.

And right after that, I hit the Buy Subscription button again.

I saw a window saying that I'm currently subscribed.

I pressed the ok button in that window.

If I'm right, i shouldn't be buying here again.

But it's being bought again here.

After that, if i press the ok button in the same window, the purchase continues.

I didn't reinstall the app, nor did I try it on a new device.

The app is still running on the same device.

I don't know why my purchase goes on.

Please let me know if there is anything else I need to check.

Thank you.

>....But it's being bought again here.

After that, if i press the ok button in the same window, the purchase continues.

What exactly does the alert from the App Store state above that 'ok button' to make you believe that it is being 'bought again'?

If you are using a non-renewing subscription then this is correct behavior. A user can purchase a non-renewing subscription over and over again. Each purchase would extend their subscription expiration date. Each purchase would result in an additional charge on their iTunes account and an addtional entry in their receipt..

If you are using an autorenewable subscription then there should not be an additional charge on their iTunes account nor should there be an additional entry in their receipt.

Thank you again for your response.

The subscription I am currently testing is an automatic renewal subscription.

When I purchase this item, I will get a certain amount of the game goods through the mailbox in the game.

After I received all the goods in my mailbox, I tried to subscribe again.

At this point, I thought that it should not be purchased because it is already a subscription.

This is what I expected until a message pops up saying that I am currently subscribed.

However, if i press the ok button here, the game goods are returned to the mailbox.

So I thought this was a purchase.

I don't understand this situation because this is currently an automatic renewal subscription.

Is there a possibility that this may happen due to incorrect setting of product information?

As far as I know, the product is set to auto renewal.

Thank you.

When I purchase this item, I will get a certain amount of the game goods through the mailbox in the game.

.....As far as I know, the product is set to auto renewal.

What "mailbox"?

This forum is for developers. If you are using the app but not developing this app please use another forum.

The app determines how it delivers the product to the user. The purpose of IAP is to tell the app that the user is, or is not, a subscriber.

What's wrong with mentioning mailbox?

The mailbox is one of the systems included in the game we're building.

When I purchase a subscription that we register, goods are delivered to my mailbox on a daily basis.

However, when I press the ok button in the message window saying that I am already subscribed, the product is continuously coming in and the purchase process is continuing, so I asked a question.

Are there any problems with the content of this question?

I don't understand why you replyed above.

If you had any problems or misunderstandings, please say it again.

The mailbox mentioned above is one of the systems included in our game.

There is no way for me to understand what happens between:

- the response from Apple's StoreKit to API called from StoreKit and

- the way your code calls some method in your app like your "mailbox".

"When I purchase a subscription that we register, goods are delivered to my mailbox on a daily basis."

That's once removed from the calls that StoreKit makes to updatedTransactions. Again, I have no idea what you do between updatedTransactions and your mailbox. StoreKit will call updatedTransactions each time the app makes a purchase request. If you are using "autorenewable" subscriptions then each time you attempt a purchase the App Store will call updatedTransactions with a new receipt indicating the previous purchase is in effect just like it would do for a restoreCompletedTransactions. It will not charge the person who made that purchase because the subscription is still in effect.