how to beta test 10.15 Mac apps with Sign In with Apple?

Developing an app for Mac App Store targeting 10.15. Using sign in with Apple in my mac app, and when including this functionality, it cannot be signed with Developer ID (Xcode refuses, saying the entitlements are not supported) which is a simple option for 3rd party beta testing distribution. So DeveloperID seems to be out as an option.

Then signing it for 'development' with an appropriate certificate with machines registered in the developer portal, other machines can run the app but fail when trying to invoke the sign in with apple functionality. That is the app runs fine but only the sign in functionality fails.

In summary, so far I've found no way to test this functionality before an app store submission.

What is the correct apple-recommended procedure for external beta testing of a mac application *intended for the app store* that includes 'sign in with apple' functionality via AuthenticationServices?

Update, a week later. No responses here. I've contacted Apple Support through other channels.

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it, thanks.