Quick Look extension on iOS: How to swipe?

Hi folks,

I'm currently developing Quick Look thumbnail and preview extensions for my custom file types on iOS. Works pretty well, although the 120 MB memory limit is sometimes a road block for huge / complex files.

But so far I couldn't figure out how to impement a UIGestureRecognizer which allows the user to swipe from one preview to the next. Apple supports this with its default preview for unknown file types, showing only the file name and size. Unfortunately neither the documentation nor the several WWDC videos are refering to gestures, and there is literaly zip information on the web (except Apple's)... Looks like only very few developers are currently supporting Quick Look on iOS for their file types.

Any help or pointers into the right direction are much appreciated!

Mattes

Replies

Short update:

The observed behavior is confirmed by DTS: if the PreviewViewController's view is extended to its superview's edges, all UIGestures are consumed and not processed by QL. Potential bypass: Reduce the view's size left / right (e.g. by constrains) to allow some area for swiping. A bug report is filed and will be brought to the engineering team's attention.

Mattes

A bug report is files and will be brought to the engineering team's attention.

What was that bug number?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Hi Quinn,

Feedback ID is FB7530945.

Take care, Mattes