this class is not key value coding-compliant for the key

My understanding of this error is that I'm missing a connection somewhere, but I simply can't find it.

This is the error message:

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSUnknownKeyException', reason:

'[<SettingsViewController 0x7faee6c0a860> setValue:forUndefinedKey:]: this class is not key value coding-compliant for the key staticDataSource.'

When I search my project (and the Main.storyboard source) for staticDataSource I get no results. I also searched on "DataSource" to see if I possibly renamed it at some point, but it doesn't seem so.

In Interface Builder I don't see any missing connections, and I don't see any connections that xcode marks with a !.

A few other things I've tried based on some StackOverflow.com comments:

1. Deleted the app from the simulator and ran again.
  2. Deleted the Derived Data folder
  3. Ran Clean Build Folder.

@interface SettingsViewController : UIViewController <uitableviewdelegate, uitableviewdatasource,="" uipopoverpresentationcontrollerdelegate,<br="">DiceSidePickerViewControllerDelegate>
@interface DiceSidePickerViewController : UIViewController <uipickerviewdelegate, uipickerviewdatasource="">

SettingsViewController is my only VC that is a Table View Controller.

At this point I feel like I'm at a loss and would really appreciate any guidance or suggestions.

This project is a couple years old and I'm finally getting back to it to get it updated. It's still on the store, but there are some bugs I really want to fix.

Replies

I was able to resolve the issue.

I had to change:

@interface SettingsViewController : UIViewController

to:

@interface SettingsViewController : UITableViewController

I'm not sure if UIViewController with the delegates were acceptable before, but aren't now, or what. But this change got me back on track.