3 Replies
      Latest reply on Dec 25, 2019 12:05 PM by DrMickeyLauer
      gtufano Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

        I'm trying to add support for INPlayMediaIntent in an audio app.

        In a first instance, I would just like to say "Play in My App Name" and have the intent extension called.

        I foolwed religiously the documentation, I checked that everything (entitlements, various plist, etc) is in the Controlling Audio With SiriKit is also in my extension (and app).

        The problem I have is that I'm not able to invoke my extension. Uttering "Play <app name>" open TuneIn (that interesting enough, I don't have installed) with the radio with the same name of the app (its the same radio). "Play using <app name>" have the same result (or some interesting song with related names in the Music app).

        I tried in simulator, iPhone, iPad, in my native language (Italian) and in English. I _think_ I wrote all the needed enchantments, Siri authorization is requested, INPlayMediaIntent is in the list of supported intents (it's the only one, really), media category is "Music", I tried also "Radio", but nothing changed.

        For what I understand (from debugger and logs)  handle(intent: INPlayMediaIntent, completion: (INPlayMediaIntentResponse) -> Void) is never called (nor is func handler(for intent: INIntent) -> Any)


        I think there is something basic I don't understand. Any suggestion is very welcome. Thank you!

        • Re: I'm not able to trigger a INPlayMediaIntent from Siri
          DrMickeyLauer Level 2 Level 2 (40 points)

          I was struggeling with the same until I found that I had to add `NSAppleMusicUsageDescription` to my app's Info.plist otherwise the Intent extension would not be loaded – yes, even though I was not using the apple music library. This seems to be an undocumented requirement for extensions handling `INPlayMediaIntent`.


          That said, now everything works fine as long as I'm running Siri in english. In any non-english language, it doesn't recognize that my app is being referred to. I'm afraid this is a (yet another of way too many in the past times) bug in iOS.