2 Replies
      Latest reply on Oct 16, 2019 10:49 PM by sstanley
      sstanley Level 2 Level 2 (30 points)

Is there any reason why notarization shouldn't be performed using the copy of `altools` in Transporter.app rather than the one in Xcode? It says it's version 1.1, which is the same as was in Xcode 10.3, although the file is smaller. A quick test here shows it works OK.

(I'm particularly thinking of people signing AppleScript applets, who otherwise have no reason to download the many gigs of Xcode.

• Re: Alternative version of altools
          KMT Level 9 Level 9 (15,135 points)

My guess is in your example of only needing to sign scripts, sure, go for it if it works.

>It says it's version 1.1

About that 'copy' of altools via Transporter 1.1. Using this in terminal catalina/Xcode 11.x:

xcrun altool

...returns altool Version 4.00.1181

What process did you use to extract/install/run altools from/via Transporter?

• Re: Alternative version of altools
              sstanley Level 2 Level 2 (30 points)

I'm talking about the copy in Transporter.app 1.1, from the App Store. Entering its path in Termial, I get:

Copyright (c) 2009-2018, Apple Inc. Version 1.1.1149

The version in Xcode 10.3 is 1.1.1138, so it's newer than that -- and that version was fine for notarizing (if limited to one upload at a time).

I just ran it using NSTask.

I'm actually considering using it instead of Xcode's version as part of SD Notary.