CodeSign failed: code object is not signed at all

I added Catalyst support to my existing iOS project. Now after conversion while the app builds and executes on the Mac it seems that I am getting a code signing error when building for both iPhone and iPad simulators. The error that comes back is that CodeSign Failed and it is referencing one of the storyboard files that has been copied over to the derived data subfolder. See the message below (note some of the names have been changed to protect privacy and simplify messages 🙂)

Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/junglegame-aplyfelyirngdudvtmrbdsyakvir/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/***.app: code object is not signed at all

In subcomponent: Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/junglegame-aplyfelyirngdudvtmrbdsyakvir/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/***.app/ChoiceList.storyboardc

Command CodeSign failed with a nonzero exit code

I've been trying various things and seardhing the Net for the past two days to no avail.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rob

Replies

I had opposite problem Create a new target by duplicating an existing iPhode target, removing access to one Framework (via Pods) and compiling. This iPhone target still builds and launches, but when I try to build the duplicated target, I get this same error. Haven't yet try the xattr trick. More news as it happens.

What is the xattr trick?