OSX 10.11 unable to connect to Apple TV2

I'm running build 15A225f on an 11" MacBook Air (mid-2012) and OS 5.3(6105) on an Apple TV2, and I'm unable to get Airplay Mirroring to work since installing 10.11. Both the menu bar display icon and the preference pane menu show "Airplay:OFF" and with no other options to switch to. Airplay continues to work fine from my iOS 8.x devices. Has anybody else experienced this with 10.11?

Replies

I am having the exact same issue. (Can't Airplay to ATV2 running 5.3 from El Capitan, but can from Yosemite and iOS 8.4 devices.)

Please post if you find a resolution to this.

BTW, AirPlay from iTunes works. But not from "Display Preferences" or from the menu bar icon.

I've got the same problem on a Macbook Pro. Do you still have the sme problem with the latest build ?

Yes, unfortunately. This issue still persists with the latest build installed (Public Beta 5). I can also confirm that I am able to airplay from iTunes, but not from the "Display Preferences" or the icon on the menu bar.

Exact same as red rock on a MacBook 12"

I submitted Feedback via Feedback Assistant.

I can't connect to any Airplay Display including my Apple TV 3. I however can select it on the Output from the Sound Preferences. It seems like Airplay is just turned off for mirroring on my MBP Middle 2012 13".

AirPlay Display is STILL not working (same problems as above!) with the release of Public Beta 6.

Please fix this as this is an important feature for those of us with Apple TVs!

same issue with mba mid 2011 😐

Just updated to Beta 6 as well and confirmed issue persists. Build 15A278b.

Same issue for all El Capitan's betas and now also El Capitan GM. In itunes all works, but not for monitor mirroring (airplay: no active). I've sent many feedback to Apple, but without answer...

I have the same problem. Since i have installed Elcapitan doesn't works airplay!

i have:

3 appletv2 ios 5.3

Macbook pro mid2012 elcapitan GM doesn't work airplay! But works with itunes!

Macbook pro Yosemite 10.10.4 work

3 ipad ios 8.4 works

3 iphone ios 8.4 works!

Same problem here: I have MBP 13 2014 with El Capitan GM and iPhone 6 with IOS 9.1beta1 and none of them can display mirror to ATV2 5.3(6105). Audio airplay is working perfectly

I think I understood: airplay in El capitan only works with ios 9.0 or 6.2.1 Apple Tv.

Yesterday i tried with my Atv3: it not worked with ios 5.3, but when i updated it to 6.2.1 firmware it worked soon.

Probably El Capitan use new airplay protocoll that works only with ios 9.0. But only for mirror monitor: audio airplay in Itunes works well with every ios.

So I replied to this, and my reply is being "moderated". The gist is that this is deliberate by Apple to not be compatible. My post explains why...

I was also able to confirm that airplay from my MBA with 10.11 b4 works with newer ATV2 (Gen 2, model A1469, OS 7.2), so appears to be limited to either older ATVs or older firmware.