Xcode 11.1 code coverage data from xccov

In Xcode 10 I was able to get detailed coverage data by using `xccov` tool by calling:
- `xcrun xccov view --file-list` - to get all the paths to sources files
- `xcrun xccov view --file <path_to_source_file> <path_to_xcresult>` - to get line coverage data for the given file.
Looks like in Xcode 11 we should be able to get the same level of details by using `xcrun xccov view --report --files-for-target` and `xcrun xccov view --report --functions-for-file` but it does not work that way.
First issue I expirienced is mangled swift method names. When the `xcresult` file is created while running xcodebuild, the functions names are mangled.

Name                                                                                                                                                                            Coverage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------
CodeCoverageDemo.app                                                                                                                                                            47.46% (28/59)
    /Users/miwanicki1/TestProjects/CodeCoverageDemo/CodeCoverageDemo/SceneDelegate.swift                                                                                      34.48% (10/29)
        $s16CodeCoverageDemo13SceneDelegateC5scene_13willConnectTo7optionsySo7UISceneC_So0K7SessionCSo0K17ConnectionOptionsCtF                                                  100.00% (6/6)
        $s16CodeCoverageDemo13SceneDelegateC18sceneDidDisconnectyySo7UISceneCF                                                                                             0.00% (0/6

Surprisingly, the issue does not occure when the tests are run in the Xcode.
Second issue is that when using the new xccov with `--report`, I do not get the line-level coverage for an idividual source file. `--files-for-target` seems to return only an overview of the function coverage without enumerating the lines and branches.

2019-10-15 11:55:38.950 xccov[19041:170343] Requested but did not find extension point with identifier Xcode.IDEFoundation.IDEResultKitSerializationConverter
/Users/miwanicki1/TestProjects/CodeCoverageDemo/CodeCoverageDemo/MathDemo.swift:
ID Name                                            Range   Coverage
-- ----------------------------------------------- ------- ------------
0  $s16CodeCoverageDemo04MathC0C3addyS2i_SitF      {5, 6}  83.33% (5/6)
1  $s16CodeCoverageDemo04MathC0C5minusyS2i_SitF    {12, 3} 0.00% (0/3)
2  $s16CodeCoverageDemo04MathC0C8multipleyS2i_SitF {16, 3} 0.00% (0/3)

Anyone had similar problems? What's the recommended way to get the line-level parsable coverage report similar to the format below where 1 means the lines was executed once, 0 the line wasn't executed.

1|    func add(_ a: Int, _ b: Int) -> Int {
1|        if a < 10 {
1|            return a + b
1|        }
0|        if a == 20 {
0|            return 1
0|        }
0|        if a == 30 {
0|           return 2
0|        }
0|
0|        return a + 2 * b
1|    }

Replies

I'm having the same problem with the report not being symbolicated. I'll let you know if I find a solution.

Hi @davidtrax,
Latest beta Version 11.2 beta 2 (11B44) seems to resolve the issues (both symbolication and line-level report).
Line-level coverage can be pulled via:
xccov view --archive [--file-list | --file <path>] result_bundle.xcresult
Everything seems to work fine, at least in my small test project.

Getting same kind of issue for code coverage report.Please provide the solution.Using Xcode 11.2.1.

xccov[4508:118225] Requested but did not find extension point with identifier Xcode.IDEFoundation.IDEResultKitSerializationConverter

Error: Error Domain=XCCovErrorDomain Code=0 "Failed to load coverage report for scheme action 'Testing with scheme' in result bundle" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to load coverage report for scheme action 'Testing with scheme' in result bundle, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fd4f401f3f0 {Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 "The file “action.xccovreport” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file." UserInfo={NSFilePath=/tmp/action.xccovreport, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fd4f4022980 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 "No such file or directory"}}}}

Hi,

If you are using cocoapods in your projects, code coverage support will be provided with the '1.9.0' update.

Check release notes 1.9.0 > https://github.com/CocoaPods/CocoaPods/releases

marcin_'s answer is correct. First, there was an issue with Swift demangling from an xcodebuild context which was resolved in Xcode 11.2. Second, to retrieve the file list and line-level coverage information from a result bundle, you need to invoke xccov as follows:

Code Block
xccov view --archive [--file-list | --file path] result_bundle.xcresult

• I invoked this in xcode14 but return Error Domain=XCCovErrorDomain Code=0 "Failed to find coverage lines for /Users/myName/UnitTestParser/UnitTestDemo/Demo/***.m" help!

Add a Comment