2 Replies
      Latest reply on Oct 14, 2019 7:38 PM by TBL_ota.r
      TBL_ota.r Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

        We found that beginRequest(with:) stops returning any result in a mid of the process with iOS13.2 Beta2 in the following cases.

         1. Turn on CallDirectory in "Settings"→"Phone"→"Call Blocking & Identification"
          →It stops when the number of registered phone numbers exceeds a thousand.

         2. Update its data by calling CXCallDirectoryManager.sharedInstance.reloadExtension in an app.
          →It stops when the number of registered phone numbers exceeds 3024.

        This bug doesn't happen in iOS13.1.2 or before.
        We confirm the registration with a log like "Added XXXX phone number identification entries" and it shows the extension completes an update with 3000 data which is relatively a small number. If we, however, restart the reload extension it stops in the mid of the process.

        • Re: Call directory Extension doesn't finish a data updates with iOS13.2 Beta
          royycc Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

          Experienced similar problem in ios13.2 beta.

           

          After calling CXCallDirectoryManager.reloadExtensionWithIdentifier, it does not return and forever loading.

           

          Subsequent calling to reloadExtensionWithIdentifier would return CXErrorCodeCallDirectoryManagerErrorCurrentlyLoading

           

          After a few try and found that, even not adding any numbers, just calling reloadExtensionWithIdentifier once again would experience this problem.

           

          However, if selecting the Call Directory Extension as active schema to build and run on device, the problem gone.

            • Re: Call directory Extension doesn't finish a data updates with iOS13.2 Beta
              TBL_ota.r Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

              Thank you for your reply.

               

              > However, if selecting the Call Directory Extension as active schema to build and run on device, the problem gone.

               

              I could turn on the switch, when I tried the way you showed.

              But after turning it on, Importing data by "CXCallDirectoryManager.sharedInstance.reloadExtension" was failed.

               

              The procedure is as follows:

               

              1. Selecting the Call Directory Extension as active schema to build and run on device.

                -> Success.

               

              2. Turn on CallDirectory in "Settings" -> "Phone" -> "Call Blocking & Identification"

                -> Success.

               

              3. Launch the app and run "CXCallDirectoryManager.sharedInstance.reloadExtension" from app.

                -> Fail. The process stop without any results.

               

              4. Restart the app and run "CXCallDirectoryManager.sharedInstance.reloadExtension" from app.

                -> Fail. It returns CXErrorCodeCallDirectoryManagerErrorCurrentlyLoading.

               

              If iOS13.2 is released without fixing this problem, Many users and our developer team will be affected by it.

               

              So, I hope that the problem will be solved before releasing iOS13.2.