App Store text formatting (for developer response to reviews)

Hi! Simply question: How do you enter paragraph breaks when writing a developer response on the Apple App Store? Everything looks fine in draft, but when submitted, all my breaks get stripped so it posts as one big paragraph. (Paragraph breaks in user reviews seem to be working fine.)

Accepted Reply

As far as I remember, it's always been like that. In App Store Connect, when drafting a dev response, you can see line breaks, but after you submit it, it's displayed without line breaks. However, in the App Store on actual devices, the response displays correctly with line breaks. Also, if you edit a response that you already submitted, you can see the line breaks.

Replies

Using your phone?

As far as I remember, it's always been like that. In App Store Connect, when drafting a dev response, you can see line breaks, but after you submit it, it's displayed without line breaks. However, in the App Store on actual devices, the response displays correctly with line breaks. Also, if you edit a response that you already submitted, you can see the line breaks.

Ah - you're right! I just checked and the line breaks do appear in my response when viewed on the iPhone! I didn't think to check there because line breaks show up in the user review in App Store Connect.

Sounds like a UI bug with App Store Connect, but at least the breaks are there. Thanks!

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to try it the next time I get a one-star review.