Sign In Not Completed, with no error

Hello,

This appears to be a bit of a peculiar scenario/bug related to using the "hidden" email address, but I don't have a solution and I'm hoping someone can help...

Context:

1. The user's Apple ID is a now defunct @mac.com address which, for reasons that (I imagine) are related to the @mac.com / MobileMe subscription, cannot be changed
  2. There is a @icloud.com Primary Contact address on the account
  3. When the user taps Sign in with Apple the modal is displayed
  4. The user can select either the @mac.com or @icloud.com address in the "Share my email" option

When the user signs in with either "Share my email" options, the process succeeds.

5. The user cannot select anything other the defunct @mac.com address for forwarding when selecting the "Hidden" option

When selecting the "Hidden" option, the sign up fails as not completed but there is no error returned to the delegate

I've tested on my own in-development apps and other production apps (e.g. Kayak) and this behaviour is reproducible.

So a few questions:

• Is it expected that Apple IDs that have unusuable (and non-editable) email addresses are not allowed to use the privacy relay option?
  • Is it expected that Sign In Not Completed should occur without an associated error being received by the delegate?

Replies

I'm having the exact same issue as well. Does anybody have any ideas? I'm completely stuck.

Same for me here. I'm also using @mac.com Apple ID, using real device iPhone Xs, iOS 13.3

Hi

Can you create a feedback assistant ticket with the details of the account / @mac.com email address and the app information for us to check this out. Thanks

have you solved this problem? Our team also encountered the same problem

Our team also encountered the same problem. Have you made any progress

Hi,

We're seeing the exact same issue with some of our app's users using legacy .mac email addresses. Is there any update on this issue?

Thanks

Any update?
Having the same issue