5 Replies
      Latest reply on Oct 14, 2019 2:10 PM by wyllys
      bpapaattheskimm Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I'm trying to experiment with a Catalyst version of my iPad app. I checked the checkbox, I selected the "My Mac" scheme, I ran... and then, code signing errors! In the "Advanced" WW session, it works like magic with Automatic Signing. Unfortunately, I support CarPlay and thus have to manually sign my app. Not as magical.

When I checked the checkbox, the Signing & Capabilties tab added a new macOS platform entry, and a bundle identifier: maccatalyst.com.mycompany.myapp. That maccatalyst.com bundle ID isn't dispalyed in my Certifiicates, Identifiers & Profiles section of the Apple developer site. When I try to add it manually, by adding an App ID, choosing Mac and specifying the explicit bundle ID, I get the following error: An App ID with Identifier 'maccatalyst.com.mycompany.myname' is not available. Please enter a different string.

How do I proceed?

• Re: Catalyst + Manual Signing?
          KMT Level 9 Level 9 (14,825 points)

Use the Product menu's 'clean build folder' to help flush indexed settings and use new to see if things straighten out.

bpapaattheskimm Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks! Unfortunately, doesn't appear to make a difference.

In Xcode, the Provisioning Profile pop-up under Platform: macOS has a Development Provisioning Profile in red text. When I click the popup, I just see Import/Download profile options, nothing under "Eligible/Ineligible" as I would usually expect.

Then under status:

No profile for team 'xxx' matching 'xxx Development Provisioning Profile' found

Xcode couldn't find any provisioning profiles matching 'yyy/xxx Development Provisioning Profile'. Install the profile (by dragging and dropping it onto Xcode's dock item) or select a different one in the Signing & Capabilities tab of the target editor.

Of course, that profile DOES exist - with the App ID with my main bundle identifier (com.company.app). But I can't create another provisiong profile with the maccatalyst prefixed-id, since I can't figure out how to get the maccatalyst prefixed ID in the Apple Develper site.

tache Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am seeing the same issue ... seems like the online manual creation of an identifier via the `Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles` page does not allow the maccatalyst prefixed name.

Roflbot Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Solved it.

1. Go to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.

2. Select iOS app that you are trying to catalyze from.

3. Enable "Mac".

4. After few minutes you'll be able to see catalyst bundle identifier when creating an app from App Store Connect.