3 Replies
      Latest reply on Oct 6, 2019 11:41 AM by KMT
      Dave19 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I'm trying to use search for nearby points (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/mapkit/searching_for_nearby_points_of_interest) to display hotels nearby the user in a table view, but I didn't get how to do that from the documentation, I already managed permission for the user's location, how should I do it ?

• Re: How to use search for nearby interest points ?
          KMT Level 9 Level 9 (15,135 points)

Perhaps if you discussed what isn't clear/not working for you from those docs and download, keeping in mind 'how to do it' is a broad question and assumes replies know your skill set, etc.

Dave19 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I'm a beginner and I'm trying to understand how to do what's in the documentation, but without giving the user the option to search, just showing him the hotels .

KMT Level 9 Level 9 (15,135 points)

Again, you need to specifically discuss what isn't clear/not working for you. Give detailed examples...

What you did in your code, what you expected, how those differ. Show code samples that fail, quotes from the docs, etc.

>I'm a beginner

That's fine, thanks, but if in fact you're lost, you should (a) use the Getting Started forum (asking here means you'll know what to do with detailed suggestions based on detailed questions) and (b) tackle something less complex so you can flesh out your skills etc. first.

We're not looking over your shoulder, so if the best you can do is just to proclaim you don't know what to do next, all you're asking is for someone to build an app for you, which isn't likely to occur here. You can't just hit a general wall, give up, and ask someone that has taken the time to develop a better grasp to make things better and save you the time. Crawl, walk, run.

In the mean time:

https://developer.apple.com/videos/frameworks/maps-and-location

h tps://www.raywenderlich.com/425-mapkit-tutorial-overlay-views#toc-anchor-001