Is it possible to flick between beta software & public versions

Hi,

I downloaded beta versions of iPad OS a while back & wondering if it is possible to flick between using beta versions & the public version?

Thanks in advance.

Todd

Accepted Reply

If by flick you mean flit quickly from one to the other on a single device, no, not without install themed hoop jumping.

In fact, once you install a beta, any changed firmware can only be upped, not reverted, so if you try to reinstall an older release you'll be left w/a franken-install and you won't really be back where you started.

Best to stick betas on devices you don't rely on for daily use. If you want to use a beta and a release in the same breath, do that on separate devices.

Replies

Flick?

Use 1 or the other on a reboot. I can see the profile for beta but i cant see a profile for "normal"

If by flick you mean flit quickly from one to the other on a single device, no, not without install themed hoop jumping.

In fact, once you install a beta, any changed firmware can only be upped, not reverted, so if you try to reinstall an older release you'll be left w/a franken-install and you won't really be back where you started.

Best to stick betas on devices you don't rely on for daily use. If you want to use a beta and a release in the same breath, do that on separate devices.