In app purchase not appearing on App Store

Hi there,

We recently had a new version of our app Approved, and it included a new In App Purchase as well.

We released the app to the App Store yesterday, and after a few hours it became visible in App Store Search.

However, the in-app-purchase is not visible on the App Store, and therefore, the App simply does not work.

I have read that it can take up to 24 hours for the in app purchase to be visible in the App Store, but this is a problem as our App doesn't work without the In App Purchase.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Replies

From the IAP FAQ:

App Review has recently approved my application, but my In-App Purchase identifiers in the production version of the application are being returned in the invalidProductIdentifiers array.

When an application is approved, the developer must also approve the application for release to the App Store. On approval, the application ID is activated to the App Store. The same activation is required for the in-app purchase identifiers and can only take place once the application is activated. In some cases, the activation of the In-App Purchase identifiers may lag up to 48 hours following the activation of the application.

Using App Store Connect, I suggest you confirm the status of the app and the IAP products, and your contracts to be sure none are pending agreement. Might want to also check via Member Center as well.

Still no joy, ping support via the contact us link below to ask them to take a look on their side.

Good luck.

I have the same problem, app approved but In-App purchase still under "Waiting for Review"

Apple should fix this ASAP before more users face

Since it takes 48 hours for IAP to go through the system, per KMT's comment, the course of action I would take on this is:

1. Set the app for 'Manual Release" instead of "Automatic Release" once approved
  2. Download the app from TestFlight and keep checking it over the next couple of days until the products appear fine
  3. Release the app

This is if IAP is required to use the app. If it's just adding another product to an existing list, you can probably skip all of this.

EDIT: My theory above may be contradicted by this text from the tech notes:

If the developer does not approve the release of the production application to the App Store, then any new in-app purchase identifiers will not be activated. This is an issue when a developer wants to verify the application prior to activating it on the App Store. If the desire is to test the in-app purchase process for the new items, the application must be activated to the App Store. This is only an issue for new in-app purchase identifiers in a corresponding application submission. Once these in-app purchase identifiers have been activated, application updates to the submission will find that these in-app purchase identifiers are validated, even if the update is not activated.

As a test, I set my app to Manual Release. The app was approved and my IAP were approved. I tried TestFlight and no new IAP appeared. I manually released the app and waited for it to appear on App Store (maybe 30 minutes) then tried TestFlight app (IAP missing) and tried App Store app (IAP missing).

I did receive an email when I manually released that actually specifies that my new IAP are set to 'Approved", so seems like Releasing is required.

At this stage, sounds like I'm waiting 48 hours for IAP to appear, but seriously how do other companies launch with IAP on go Live, which happens all the time.

It's hard to say. It sounds like it does make sense to keep it in Manual Release for 2 days and then release? This might cut down the 48 hours but not sure.