2 Replies
      Latest reply on Oct 9, 2019 11:07 AM by DavePatton
      Jack K Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Ever since updating (against my will) to Xcode 11, I'm getting this error when I try to build my project:

"Command CodeSign failed with a nonzero exit code"

I've tried cleaning my project, resetting my login keychain, and restarting my computer, but I still get this error... what to do?

• Re: Xcode 11, Command CodeSign failed with a nonzero exit code
          maietta Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Are you by any chance using flutter and the flutter run command to perform the build? If so, does clicking the build/run button in Xcode work?

If this is the situation you are running into, there is an open ticket over at Github raising this issue. The problem appears to be in ios-deploy not working on the latest version of Xcode that we were forced to upgrade to.

I just bought a new Mac and iPhone and ran into this issue. No fix yet other than to remotely log into the machine and push the button in Xcode.

Please let know if you are in fact using Flutter and if clicking the run button in Xocde fixed your issue also, because then it confirms to me that there are at least 3 people with the exact same issue so far.

• Re: Xcode 11, Command CodeSign failed with a nonzero exit code
            DavePatton Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same issue here and apple has offered no help.  EVERY time they upgrade something it breaks something in my development process, very frustrating.